Our Commitments

Driving Workforce Representation

To strengthen our workforce and better reflect and serve our customers, it’s critical that we have diverse voices at the table. We are committed to retaining more diverse associates, attracting more diverse talent and empowering the growth and advancement of all our associates.

The following data relative to associates’ gender identity reflects our global workforce, all data regarding race or ethnicity reflects only associates based in the United States. All representation data is self-disclosed by our associates.

We are proud that in 2021, 87 percent of our associates were women; 60 percent were people of color. Looking deeper, in our stores, 95 percent of associates were women; 65 percent were people of color. In our Distribution Centers, 57 percent of our associates were women; 71 percent were people of color. And, in our Home Office, 63 percent of associates were women; 25 percent were people of color.

Diversity in leadership drives innovation, fosters inclusion and ensures a brighter future for our organization and our world. In 2021, our Board was 86 percent women and 43 percent people of color. Of our director and above roles 59 percent were filled by women; 16 percent were filled by people of color. And, women of color make up 8 percent of these leadership positions.

We recognize we have opportunity to increase our diverse workforce and leadership representation, particularly closing the gap in our Home Office and director and above roles. We will drive progress by:

  • Being intentional about promoting and advancing women and people of color
  • Recommending diverse interview slates
  • Tapping into diverse talent pipelines from stores and Distribution Centers to the Home Office
  • Making leadership development programs available to women and people of color
  • Evolving our full life cycle recruiting process to address barriers to entry
  • Forming new partnerships and relationships with organizations that cultivate a diverse talent pipeline
  • Holding leaders accountable for supporting the growth of diverse talent 
  • Offering equitable learning and development opportunities for all

Ensuring Equal Pay for Equal Work

The heart of our business is our talented workforce. We offer competitive pay and benefits to our more than 30,000 associates around the world and pay all associates equitably regardless of gender, race/ethnicity or background.

We conduct an annual, rigorous and transparent review of 100 percent of our worldwide workforce that is verified by an independent third party to ensure that all salaries and incentive compensation targets are fair and unbiased. If we find any differences in pay between men and women globally or by race and ethnicity in the United States*, we make upward adjustments. Our process reviews gender, race/ethnicity and the intersection of the two.

We are pleased to report that our 2021 internal review as well as analysis by our third-party partner, the non-profit Fair Pay Workplace (FPW), revealed that 99 percent of our workforce was paid equitably. For the remaining 1 percent, we have made adjustments to processes and compensation to address inconsistencies.

Because workforces are dynamic and ever-changing, so is the work to ensure pay equity . VS&Co is committed to an ongoing analysis and continued transparency relative to our metrics on pay equity and we plan to report to our associates and to the public on an annual basis.

About our Third-Party Partner

Fair Pay Workplace certification takes a holistic approach to pay equity based upon a set of rules and standards established by a group of experts from the domains of HR, law, business, academia, DEI and data science. FPW evaluates our current pay scales, systems and infrastructure to discover root causes and then partners with us to design annual pay equity action plans to effect meaningful, measurable change.

Fair Pay Workplace certification is a verified system that sets a new standard for both employers and employees.

*Many jurisdictions outside the US limit our ability to collect information on race/ethnicity and also what we can do with that information.

**Percentage of women reflect our Global workforce, percentage of People of Color reflect U.S. only