Investing in Our Communities
At Victoria's Secret & Co., we believe our purpose is greater than selling merchandise. It's about ensuring we're giving back to the greater good. That's why through our brands, Victoria's Secret and PINK, we are intentionally investing our dollars, time and resources to our communities and causes that matter most to our associates and customers. In 2022, we:
Advanced associate-led giving
- We established the VS&Co Associate match program to support associates giving to organizations they care about. We match 100 percent of associates’ donations to our partner organizations and 50 percent to other nonprofit or non-governmental organizations. We’re also thrilled to have be able to support our associates through their nonprofit board service grants where we matched contributions up to $5,000 for their board support.
- We launched the VS&Co Associate Grant Program where associates can nominate nonprofits or nongovernmental organizations to be considered to receive grant money from the VS&Co Foundation.
- We rolled out the VS&Co Giving Portal making it easy for associates to make donations, request donation matching, submit grant requests and find volunteer opportunities in their community.
- In 2022, VS&Co associates contributed over 7,700 volunteer hours, 231 services projects and supported 73 nonprofit organizations in advancing their mission.
- Through Associates for Associates, an emergency fund created to support associates in times of personal financial hardship following an unseen event, we provided financial support to more than 340 associates including those recovering from tropical storms or hurricanes in the Southeastern U.S. and Puerto Rico as well as those impacted by the Sri Lankan financial crisis.
Used our resources to empower our communities, advance racial equity and promote social justice
- In 2022, 86 percent of total giving was directed to organizations that formally supported women, people of color, veterans and the military, people with disabilities, different age groups and the LGBTQIA+ community.
- We are also committing $500,000 in 2023 to nonprofit organizations identified by our Inclusion Resource Groups (IRGs). Our IRGs support organizations including Asian American Community Services (AACS), Hispanics Inspiring Students’ Performance and Achievement (HISPA), Point Foundation, Zora’s House, Runway of Dreams, YWCA and Ruling Our eXperiences (ROX)
Provided essential undergarments for women and young adults in need
- We established the VS&Co Essentials program that aims to supply more than 1 million women and young adults with essential undergarments by 2025 aligning with our mission to empower and uplift women in every stage of life. The program will expand internationally in 2023 with plans to include mastectomy bras and period panties. Learn more about our year-round impact here and submit an application to receive a donation from VS&Co Essentials here.
Supported Young Adult Mental Health
- We believe everyone has the right to experience a healthy and balanced life. We believe everyone has the right to experience a healthy and balanced life. It is our goal to make sure that we are doing our part to support one another, especially young adults, in leading more fulfilling lives. Through resources and strategic partnerships, our PINK brand helps to foster positive mental health among young adults. To date, we’ve donated more than $3 million in products and monetary donations to organizations that support mental health.
- In 2022, we donated $850,000 to longstanding not-for-profit partners JED, BEAM, Campus Pride and Sad Girls Club to further their work in helping teens and young adults nationwide.
Improved cancer outcomes for women
- We continued our steadfast commitment to accelerate innovative cancer research for women, by women through the Victoria’s Secret Global Fund for Women’s Cancers in partnership with Pelotonia. With an initial commitment of $10 million, this groundbreaking initiative will fund innovative research aimed at improving outcomes for women’s cancers, invest in the next generation of women scientists who represent the diverse populations they serve inspire and educate millions of women around the world through cancer awareness.
Learn more about our year-round advocacy for those impacted by cancer here.
- We launched a Breast Cancer Awareness page on our company intranet to provide associates with resources for early screening and detection, education on signs and symptoms and easy-to-understand information about benefits to support them and their loved ones.
- In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, we donated 300,000 to Susan G. Komen to eliminate barriers of care for individuals and communities experiencing health inequities and $25,000 to the future Dreams Breast Cancer Charity, headquartered in London to support the Bra Room – a unique space where women post-surgery can speak to expert bra fitters about their needs.
- We expanded our style offerings of our Mastectomy Bras that supports the thousands of women who undergo surgery each year.
This year has been characterized by a deep commitment to each other and to our communities. We are committed to giving back — as individuals and as a business — and continuing to make a difference in 2023 and beyond.