Our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Strategy
Our DEI Strategic Framework
We believe that integrating DEI into everything we do is not just the right thing to do – but is critical to driving performance and doing well for our associates, customers and communities. We’re committed to bringing this to life through strategic actions with measurable goals, focusing on three key pillars: People, Experience and Purpose.
More than stores, more than products, VS&Co is a community of people with different backgrounds, qualities, abilities and talents. Embracing and fostering that diversity is what makes us stronger. Our People work is focused on:
- Retaining more diverse associates
- Increasing diversity within our workforce
- Enabling the growth and advancement of all our talent
When our people are at their best, our company is at its best. We are committed to creating a workplace where everyone can bring their whole selves to work and thrive. Our Experience work is focused on:
- Increasing associate engagement on our DEI journey
- Driving inclusive leadership across our organization
- Fostering a happy, healthy and inclusive culture
The Importance of Pronouns
Words are powerful; they help us convey meaning and connect with others. Pronoun references happen in everyday conversation, like when a group is addressed as “ladies and gentlemen.” Some people in the LGBTQIA+ community use pronouns to describe themselves that represent deeply personal choices. A person’s pronoun is not determined by their appearance and does not always align with traditional gendered pronouns (she/her, he/him). Showing respect begins with understanding and using the pronouns others identify with.
Read more about pronouns here.
We don’t just sell products; we inspire and uplift. We are passionate about creating products that meet our customers’ diverse needs and telling stories that reflect their journeys while empowering the communities where we live and work. Our Purpose work is focused on:
- Reaching and serving more diverse customers
- Investing in more minority- and women-owned businesses and suppliers
- Using our platform and resources to empower our communities, advance racial equity and promote social justice