2021 – A Year of Giving Back
At Victoria's Secret & Co., we believe our purpose is greater than selling merchandise. It's about ensuring we're giving back to the greater good. That's why through our brands, Victoria's Secret and PINK, we are intentionally investing our dollars, time and resources to our communities and causes that matter most to our associates and customers.
In 2021, we:
Expanded our commitment to eradicating women’s cancers and supporting women’s health.
- We created the Victoria’s Secret Global Fund for Women’s Cancers. Over the next two years, $8.5 million will be awarded to invest the next generation of women scientists and fund innovative research for progressing treatments and cures. Each year, we will present 20 female cancer researchers with monetary awards to recognize and further their outstanding contributions to the field of women’s cancers. By focusing on prevention, detection, diagnostic, and treatment innovations for women’s cancers and advancing outcomes for cancer health disparities, Victoria’s Secret aims to improve and save the lives of millions of women around the world.
- We launched our very first mastectomy bra, the Body by Victoria Mastectomy bra, to support the thousands of women who undergo mastectomies every year. From the proceeds of these bras during breast cancer awareness month, we donated over $100,000 to the VS Global Fund
- This past October, we collaborated with leading designer and breast cancer awareness champion Stella McCartney. The initiative was focused on raising awareness of breast cancer risks and the importance of early detection. We also made a $500,000 donation to The Stella Cares Foundation to help further the organization’s work towards breast cancer awareness and education.
- We continued our longstanding partnership with Pelotonia by participating in and being a major funding partner of their annual Ride Weekend, a 3-day event In 2021, we had 248 participants in Ride Weekend, which raised $650,488 to support cancer research and to help find a cure. This makes VS&Co the #1 highest-raising Peloton of all time, with contributions totaling $21M since 2011.
Donated thousands of volunteer hours, thanks to associates all around the world.
- We partnered with Pink Ribbon Girls, a national non-profit that provides healthy meals, rides to treatment, housecleaning services and care packages free of charge to breast cancer and gynecological cancer patients and their families, to deliver 200 care packages to women in their survivorship community. The care packages were assembled by VS associates and packed with robes, candles, chapstick, slippers and notes of encouragement, making for an incredible surprise for these women.
- We proudly provided opportunities for associates around the world to make an impact through volunteerism in their local communities. In Columbus, we partnered with BESA to connect our associates to individual and group volunteer opportunities. And during 2021, our associates gave more than 55,000 hours of volunteer time around the world to more than 150 non-profit organizations.
Worked with non-profit partners who are making a difference.
- PINK continued their partnership with The Jed Foundation, a leading national nonprofit protecting the emotional health of teens and young adults, to help strengthen and foster positive mental health among individuals, campuses and communities. In 2021 alone, with PINK’s support, Jed developed educational materials for more than 30,000 teachers and 1 million students and they now support over 360 colleges and universities around the country.
- In total, PINK donated more than $1.5M to organizations including The Jed Foundation, BEAM, Campus Pride, Child Mind Institute, Hunkapi and more that aid their missions in supporting young adults.
- We have donated more than $1.8M to various organizations supporting BIPOC and LGBTQ+ communities and programs, including AAJC, Campus Pride, Point Foundation and more.
- In honor of Giving Tuesday, Victoria’s Secret donated $200,000 to the global non-profit organization, Dress for Success. Dress for Success empowers women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire, and developmental tools to help them thrive in work and in life.
- We’ve continued to support women in our supply chain through our long-standing partnerships with the Pacific Links Foundation (PALS) to help prevent the sex trafficking of young Vietnamese girls and women and HERhealth, a women empowerment and worker engagement program focused on health, financial inclusion and gender equality.
We came together to support those who need it most.
- We furthered our Associates for Associates efforts to support fellow associates through assistance in times of need during catastrophic events or severe crisis, including Hurricane Ida, wildfires in the west and COVID impacts globally.
- We were heartbroken by the loss of lives and the devastating impact on communities resulting from severe weather in the South and Midwest, especially in Mayfield, KY and the Mayfield Consumer Products factory.
- To help, we directly supported the employees and families of MCP through donating over 40,000 items of critical need items including undergarments, sleepwear, clothing and blankets.
- Additionally, we donated $25,000 to the Red Cross and $25,000 to Team Western Kentucky Tornado Relief Fund to aid relief efforts through the South and Midwest.
- Since 2002, we’ve helped 300,000 people in crisis in communities where we live and work across the country through our annual Giving Tree program and the generosity of associates.
This year has been characterized by a deep commitment to each other and to our communities. We are committed to giving back — as individuals and as a business — and continuing to make a difference in 2022 and beyond.